The kids had Friday off from school, so we used the long weekend for a trip to Twain Harte. We had a great time and the kids can't wait to go back.
Hiking in Calaveras Big Trees State Park

This is the stump of a tree that was cut down in the 1850's and was the biggest tree in the forest.

The kids were amazed at how big the Giant Sequoias really are

Inside a fallen tree

Two trees growing out of one trunk

Relaxing bench to lean back and view the tops of the trees


The boys favorite part of the trip was fishing at the trout farm. They were both so excited to try fishing, and even more excited when they caught a fish.

Zach caught two fish. After reeling in his first one, he ran around screaming, "I CAUGHT A FISH! I CAUGHT A FISH!"

Josh was a much calmer fisherman

Josh's fish

We spent one day at Columbia, an old mining town where several of the streets are just as they were in 1850's.
The kids all loved trying the Sarsparilla


We tried our luck panning for gold.
2 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun!! I'm so glad we got to see you guys when we came up. Thanks for having us over. You'll have to stop by next time you're down!
This place looks so cool. I want to go!
Post a Comment